Oral Hygiene During Pregnancy And Post Partum
Pregnancy induces many changes in the body. The hormonal changes caused by pregnancy, as well as changes in the pH of saliva can cause gum inflammation known as gingivitis and ultimately lead to more serious oral diseases. Pregnant women and new moms are found to have more gum swelling, tenderness and bleeding. If they do not avoid sweets and do not practice good dental hygiene at that time, the opportunistic bacteria can begin a lifelong problem.
Gingivitis can also lead to periodontitis, a severe form of gingivitis affecting teeth roots and underlying bone, and in turn cause bacterial infections that can spread through the body.
Causes of dental problems are:
- Altered pH of saliva.
- Lack of care in dental hygiene due to indulgence into a new and hectic routine.
How to Tackle:
- Maintain proper oral hygiene.
- Arimedadi tailam gargle thrice daily.
- Gargle with salt water to reduce swelling of the gum.
- Cotton soaked with clove oil can be applied over the painful teeth.
- Cotton soaked with cinnamon oil too can be applied.
Oral hygiene is essential during and after pregnancy. If you have any concerns regarding the care you need to take during and post pregnancy, you can contact Sangopan- postnatal care services in Hyderabad and Bangalore for more information. Postpartum care services mainly helps in maintaining good health of you and your baby post pregnancy.